CHOOSE YOUR MEKA
PRODUCTION & DELIVERY
You may already own a property that you would like to develop with your dream house on it or create a commercial project such as an urban infill building. MEKA buildings can be used on a wide variety of building sites.
- Contact your local building department, local architect/contractor and local engineer.
- Obtain a Site Survey which indicates your property lines.
- Determine your local set back requirements.
- Examine your site and plan where to best locate your MEKA.
- Consider your site with respect to location of utilities (water, sewer, electrical, septic restrictions) and any environmental restrictions (wetlands, conservation land, etc).
- Obtain Planning Department Regulations (this can be done by referring to your address or referring to the site’s Assessor Parcel Number or “APN#”) .
- Take some quick photographs of your site for reference and communication with the MEKA team.
Select a model
Select the MEKA model you would like from our website, and go to the BUY NOW area by simply clicking the link on our site to initiate the transaction.
You may make changes to our existing models or have a custom project designed (at extra cost). Please contact us once you have made your selection.
- Go to the building department and submit your permit application drawings, for building permit to your local authority.
- Fill out an Authorization to Build form, allowing us to start procuring and building.
- Chose your contractor and confirm foundations with your local engineer.
Permit issue & Site works
Your local contracter will:
- Excavate and set the foundation while the MEKA is being built in the factory.
- Finish the utilities trenching, septic, well, grading and others.
- Ensure access for the truck and access/pad for the crane.
- Work and coordination to ensure final utility connections.
Foundation inspections by local authorities need to be carried out in many jurisdictions.
On site installation
- Remove all knock out panels.
- Remove all packed items, all parts of the module assembly.
- Prepare all interior joining wall surfaces with initial expansion sealant.
- Lift modules into place, onto foundations.
- Complete connection of modules to foundation and apply backer rods and roofing sealant into all opening cracks between modules.
- Place secondary peel and stick strip along sealed joints on roof.
- Install all roof angle pieces in numerical order as per markings on MEKA building, and spot weld in place.
- Apply all cladding panels by hanging from the roof pan that has just been welded in place.
- Install all interior mill work and connecting panels, and complete all interior connections.
- Finish all site grading, decking and coordinate hookups with Third Party Providers.
- Install roofing Advice
We can advise you on things to consider for your property:
- is the site sloped?
- is there proper road access?
- can the lot be accessible with a crane or flat bed truck?
- Make sure that your site is not obstructed with tree canopy, and that a crane can avoid overhead electrical wires..
We will study different possibilities for your property and we will advise you on sustainable design, planning requirements, logistical solutions, design options and estimated costs.
Following our previous meetings we will provided with a permit drawing set which includes:
- contract confirmation
- summary of external consultant reports required
- permit application drawings
- We provide you with the assembly guide.
- We will talk to your contractor or local engineer to confirm the foundation requirements and site specifications.
We will prepare the detail drawings set for constructions purposes and send it for factory production.
We will explain the factory building process and any question you may have.