- Contact your local building department, local architect/contractor and local engineer.
- Obtain a Site Survey which indicates your property lines.
- Determine your local set back requirements.
- Examine your site and plan where to best locate your MEKA.
- Consider your site with respect to location of utilities (water, sewer, electrical, septic restrictions) and any environmental restrictions (wetlands, conservation land, etc).
- Obtain Planning Department Regulations (this can be done by referring to your address or referring to the site’s Assessor Parcel Number or “APN#”) .
- Take some quick photographs of your site for reference and communication with the MEKA team.